Description and Instructions to Apply
Janitorial Supervisor - Orlando Area- Full time with a flexible schedule.
Job Duties :
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in janitorial services.
- Assigns janitorial work to employees, following material and work requirements.
- Inspects work performed to ensure conformance to specifications and established standards.
- Records personnel data on specified forms.
- Recommends personnel actions, such as hires and discharges, to ensure proper staffing.
- Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues janitorial supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Supervise employees and help delegate operations schedule to ensure proper work area coverage.
- Evaluates performance of personnel and inspects assigned areas to ensure proper work performance. This requires hands-on support and ability to perform work when necessary. This may include, but is not limited to: dust mopping, sweeping, stripping/refinishing, carpet scrubbing, servicing restrooms, window washing, etc.
- Find and define problems, resolve issues, and use these in making appropriate recommendations to management staff, staff, and/or customer contact to exercise continuous quality improvement and to exceed customer expectations.
- Report any issues, concerns or discrepancies to Operations Manager/Operations Coordinator.
- Addresses customer concerns and inquiries and reports any new or changing job/work orders.
- Performs tracks and evaluates purchasing activities, supply and equipment usage and repairs. Ensures appropriate labeling, dilution, and storage requirements are conducted in accordance with company, customer and OSHA standards.
- On the job training for staff/employees to job specific tasks.
- Participates in company and customer training ensuring effective communication and distribution of information to supervisors, customers and employees.
- Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies, customer's rules and regulations and applicable laws when needed.
*above list of responsibilities are inclusive but not limited to all possible future duties.
Job Requirements :
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Prior janitorial supervisor experience a must
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized and able to multi-task
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Service focused with sense of urgency to both internal and external customers
- Computer skills: Familiar with Gmail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and ability to communicate via e-mail, company and customer communications.