Description and Instructions to Apply
A Technician is a mid-level position with varied responsibilities, including, but not limited to, the maintenance of the airport Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) at the Orlando International Airport.
The primary function of this position is to provide electro-mechanical operational, preventative, and emergency maintenance support.
A Technician must be able to:
• Work with a variety of tools/hand tools safely and properly, as well as utilize any/all appropriate safety and personal protective equipment (PPE).
• Properly use a volt and amp meter.
• Perform basic preventative maintenance tasks, which will include, but not limited to, cleaning of bridges and surrounding areas, along with the removal of debris.
• Diagnose equipment failures under the guidance of senior staff,
• Make minor adjustments to ensure system functionality and reliability pertaining to both electrical and mechanical items,
• Check temperature of components.
• Perform full replacement and adjustment of components, including but not limited to: bearings, motors, reducers, PLC's-touch screens, Magelis, photoelectric cells, and pushbuttons.
• Perform general troubleshooting of electrical components (local functional electrical switch boxes, VFD’s, general wiring. 24 volts-110-277 and 480 (both AC and DC)).
• Work safely in a variety of locations that may include moving equipment and electricity, as well as small spaces, high spaces, dirty spaces, hot spaces.
• Attend requested/required training, demonstrating a willingness to learn.
• Follow and comply with any company and/or federally established policies and procedures.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
• Must be able to read and interpret repair manuals and basic mechanical schematics.
• Must have at least two (2) years of mechanical work experience.
• Must have at least one (1) year of basic electrical and/or electronic systems work experience.
• Must possess a valid drivers' license (with a clean driving record).
• Must be able to work as scheduled (this is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation), with most shifts working 10 hours/day, 4 days/week. . .and will include holidays.
• Must be able to acquire a customs seal.
• Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day,
• Frequently lifting/moving items that may range in weight up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds
JSM & Associates, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer; we adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity.