Orlando International Airport is expecting a record number of travelers this Christmas/New Year’s travel season. In total, nearly 3.2 million passengers will use MCO as their gateway of choice this 21-day holiday travel period.
Starting Friday, December 20th and running through Thursday, January 9, 2020, Orlando International Airport is expecting to see a 6% increase in traffic over last year’s previous record.
“With what is predicted to be record holiday travel, Orlando International stands ready to welcome more than 3 million seasonal passengers with enhanced staffing, new customer services and a renewed focus on world-class amenities,” says Phil Brown, Chief Executive Officer of the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority.
Important Tips and Reminders for those traveling:
- Arrive at the airport at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled domestic flight
- Arrive at the airport at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled international flight
- Do NOT bring weapons. Firearms are only allowed in checked luggage and must be
unloaded and placed in special travel containers
- Use the FREE cell phone lots when picking up passengers. Simply wait in the cell lot until
your party calls you after they retrieve their luggage
- Remember the “C” parking garage is open
- Do NOT wrap Christmas gifts. They may be subject to inspection by the TSA
- If traveling with a pet or comfort animal, bring a leash. The pet will need to be on a leash
while the animal carrier is properly screened by the TSA
- If traveling with a comfort pet please check with your individual airline in advance to learn
their specific rules for traveling with various types of animals
- Pack as lightly as possible
- Wear easily removable shoes
- Do NOT make light-hearted jokes about security or secure situations
- Please pack your patience! Keep in mind, you are traveling with 3.2 million other passengers
at MCO this holiday season
Here is a look at our projected busiest days: