On Thursday, April 1, 2021 from 8AM-5PM, MCO will host a food drive to benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. Please bring donation items to the ITF APM station, near Garage C. If you are in need of food assistance yourself, please visit the Second Harvest website and use their food locator. Click this link to be taken to their page.
Here is a list of their critical need items:
Please do not donate expired items or items that have been opened.
Fruits: Canned fruit (in its own juice, no sugar added varieties), dried fruit, 100% fruit juice
Vegetables: Canned vegetables (reduced salt/no salt varieties), 100% vegetable juice, spaghetti sauce
Grains: Rice, pasta, crackers (whole-grain varieties), ready-to-eat cereal (low sugar/high-fiber), oatmeal
Protein Foods: Canned meat/poultry, canned tuna/salmon (packed in water), canned/dry beans & peas (low/no salt varieties), peanut butter
Dairy/Dairy Alternatives: Nonfat dry milk, evaporated milk, soymilk
Meals: Beef stew, canned soup (reduced sodium varieties), chili, other canned meals
Other: Nutritional drinks (ex: Ensure, Boost)
Baby Food: Must be in complete, undamaged original packaging. No individual serving glass or plastic containers unless in an unopened case.
Non-food Items: Diapers, toiletries (soap, shampoo, shaving cream, etc.). Must be unopened and stored separate from food donations.
Please remember the special needs of infants and toddlers; they need FIVE to THRIVE:
• Powdered infant milk or soy based formulas (WIC-approved preferred)
• Baby cereal
• Baby fruits (single ingredient preferred)
• Baby vegetables (single ingredient preferred)
• Baby Meats (no meat sticks)
• Shelf-stable white whole milk for 1 year olds; Shelf-stable 1% (low fat) or skim milk for 2 years olds and up; Shelf-stable soy milk.
• Canned fruits, preferably packed in juice with no added sugar
• Canned vegetables, preferably low sodium or no salt added
• Canned beans such as black, red, pink, pinto beans, black-eyed peas, pigeon peas, garbanzos
• Shelf stable foods designed for toddlers such as Stage 3, Graduates, etc.